Saturday, May 15, 2010

David keeps going and going!

Here's more of David's training for Rainier...

May 14, 2010

I’m just about back up to speed this week after being a bit down last week. I did the stair climbing three days, did the treadmill three days. I also got out for a hike one day. Didn’t get to the Bowflex as much as I’d like, but I’ll soon get that back into my routine. Life can be a blur, and it’s so easy for things to not get done.

I’m getting more comfortable with the Yoga. I’m not really all that skilled at it yet, but I do feel good. After some trial and error with several DVDs on Netflix, I found what I think to be the right program and right instructor for me.

Because of my recent down-time, I’m a little off schedule and still haven’t taken my first full-day conditioning climb. I’d like to know where I am on the endurance scale, and a full day climbing a mountain should be a good indicator, and should help me target what I need to work on. So… I’m hoping for Mount Rose in the next couple of weeks and Camp Muir in late June.

In the meantime, I’ll continue with the nearby hiking trails. Several in the area are rugged enough to keep it interesting, and when I put some weight in my pack and get out there and push myself, I feel like I’m accomplishing something. And to be honest, the hiking trails are easy to get to. Twenty minutes and I’m there. No planning, just go…

No comments: