Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lindsay's Race!

The K-100 race this weekend was quite the experience.  My leg of the race started off with a hill and climbed about 200m over the 14.1 km distance.  Adjusting to the altitude was a little difficult when starting out on a hill, but once the course flattened out for a bit I was able to get into a rhythm and settle into my pace.  The scenery was breathtaking and certainly worth the trip.  It was so great to finally get out to the mountains to experience some elevation.  Our team was 12th out of 28 mixed teams, which I figure isn’t too bad.  The next day I was surprised that I wasn’t that sore, but I attribute this from the training I have been doing.  Although I don’t enjoy resistance training there is no way I will stop doing it.  I have noticed benefits already!  After the run on Saturday, I was able to sneak in a 45 minute bike ride when I got home on Sunday.  I’ve also started back into the pool, trying to get in a swim twice a week. 

No comments: