Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ok, here is the next installment in the adventures of Jenny's training.....

What an insane few weeks it has been since last I wrote! I have just come off the back of three 80 hour weeks and am pretty exhausted! Throw in there a bout of borderline flue and it has been quite the experience. So needless to say, I haven't had a huge amount of time to do much else but work and sleep. Thankfully I had joined the gym down the street from work so have been managing to squeeze a 1 hour trip to the gym every few days, typically at 9pm at night as I am now usually in a meeting over lunch, before then heading back to work for another hour or two to wrap up the day. Did I mention I am an architect? For anyone considering this profession, I encourage you to think long and hard about it first, it can be quite unrelenting!

I am sad to say that I never made it to the biathlon that I signed up for, mainly due to poor logistics on my behalf. When I signed up for it I didn't pay attention to exactly where and when it was and discovered I need to be on the subway heading to the outer limits of the Bronx at 5am on a Sunday morning. Not a very smart idea from a personal safety point of view so I chose instead to cruise around central park on what was the first truly hot weekend this year. Needless to say EVERYONE was out to enjoy the spectacular weather so central park turned into a bit of an obstacle course laden with cyclists, tourists, horses, children, dogs and rollerbladers everywhere. The Hudson River park - another good spot to stretch ones legs on the bike- was no better, but damn it was beautiful! Added to this, I have noticed an old tendonitis problem flaring up in my ankles so skipping out on the biathlon run was probably a good idea. No point in agitating it with a long run. While the nuisanse is ever so small, I have been to see a physical therapist to ensure it stays that way (or better, goes away), and swapped across from the treadmill to the elipse machine (that's what I think it is called) in the gym which is good for cardiovascular fitness while elimating the pressure on the ankle that is recieved from running.

Well, with only 3 1/2 weeks to go, I need to make sure these count!

No comments: